Monday, August 6, 2012

Our awesome vacation + sorry I've been gone!

Hey guys, I'm sooo sorry I've been gone for the past 2 weeks.  I've been on vacation!  It was so much fun! We went to Gulf Shores, Alabama.  We had a huge, beautiful condo and the beach was GORGEOUS!! I'm uploading some Gulf Shores Vlogs now.  I went with my three cousins, Hannah, McKenzie and Logan, my aunt and uncle, and my mom.  We had a blast!  On Saturday, (which was July 28th) we started to unpack and we went to the beach.  The next day, Sunday, we went to the beach and pool all day long!  We saw lots of fish swimming in the ocean, which was cool considering how close we were to the shore.  On Monday we went to the beach and the pool, then ate lunch at this place in the resort called the Poolside Grill. 
There are four condos and three pools in the resort.  They are called Avalon, Bristol, Catalina, and Doral. We stayed in the Avalon condo, which was really nice. 
Also, everything was walking distance in the resort.  The restaurants, some of the souvenir shops, and ice cream place, the beach, the pool- everything was outside our condo! It was so fun!
On Tuesday we went Putt-Putt golfing and shopped for sounvenirs.  I got this really cute light blue Gulf Shores purse, and a green bracelet.  When we went Putt-Putt golfing I got 5th place, so you can't call me a pro golfer... :)  We also painted sand dollars!
On Wednesday we went to the beach and pool (as always) and then tie-dyed shirts at the Bristol pool.  It was so awesome to see all of the colors! 
Tuesday was SUPER fun- we went parasailing!  We rode on this boat called the banana boat all the was out into the ocean.  The banana boat was pulled by a water ski\jet ski type thing that was going super fast.  The only thing was, the banana boat was basically blow-up, and you sat on it and held on to one little rubber bar and tried to hold on for dear life as you sped across the ocean.  My cousin Hannah kept falling over, and we were all laughing so hard but kept getting salt water in our eyes and mouth as we laughed! It was crazy!  When we finally arrived at the other boat to get on the parasail, I was sort of glad to be off the crazy, salt-water spraying, rocky banana boat.  My cousin Logan and my uncle went first, then me and my two cousins Hannah and McKenzie went.  The view was amazing from up there, and the ocean looked soooo pretty!!!  It was totally awesome.
Friday was our last day, so we tried to make the best of it!  We went swimming in the pool, and built tons of sandcastles on the beach.  We swam in the ocean, and later on we went to this karaoke thing in the resort.  I sang two songs, and we danced to the other karaoke songs.  Also we invited a few boys- and I will say no more about that- but it was a SUPER fun night!  Later, at 3 in the morning, we had to leave to go home.  It was one of the best vacations ever!
So, that explains where I've been!  Here are some pictures!

                 This is our condo, the Avalon!
                  Sam standing on the beach
                          I love palm trees....
                  Sam loved playing in the ocean!
                             The waves!
              The sunset looks really beautiful!
           A pretty pink flower after it rained
                                     Sam!
                     Sam by a palm tree

And if you want to see the rest of the pics, watch Sam's Beach Photoshoot, which will be uploaded soon!
See you!
-I

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Loved your blog,followed you! Please follow me back at:http://aggirlforever.blogspot.in/ :D :D

    ReplyDelete